TERMS & CONDITIONS

ACCEPTANCE OF TERMS AND CONDITIONS
When a reservation for a villa is made Smiths Gore BVI Limited (“Smiths Gore”) will email you a booking confirmation and invoice for the total monies owed on the rental of the villa.  The Terms and Conditions of this villa rental will be considered binding from the time that Smiths Gore receives your deposit.  In sending the deposit Smiths Gore assumes that you have acknowledged the Terms and Conditions of the villa rental and that you accept and agree to any limitations, terms and conditions.  If you have any questions or queries on any of the terms and conditions please ensure you contact us before you send your deposit.

PAYMENT POLICY
Deposit and Final Balance In order to secure your villa reservation you must send a deposit of 50% of the rental value within 10 working days of booking.  This is payable by money order or wire transfer.  We are only able to accept payment in US dollars.  Please make any money orders or wire transfers payable to Smiths Gore.  If you wish to wire the deposit wiring details are on the booking form.  If we do not receive the deposit within 10 working days of booking we will assume that you do not wish to go ahead with the booking and will immediately cancel the booking.  If you wish to make any changes to dates or numbers of people we will require notice in writing before the changes can be made.  Following receipt of your deposit we will send you an invoice for the balance including any other fees that may be applicable to the property you are renting.  This will include government Hotel Accommodation Tax (7% in the BVI) and 15% Service Charge, damage deposit and extra items you have asked for in advance.  The remaining funds must be sent not less than 45 days prior to your arrival. This amount is also payable by US dollar money order or wire transfer.   Our mailing address is Vacation Rentals, Smiths Gore BVI Ltd, Britannic Hall, Box 135, Road Town, Tortola, British Virgin Islands VG1110.   You can also use this address for FedEx and DHL Services, which will deliver to PO Boxes in the BVI. Please contact the Estate Managers if you have any questions or need advice regarding the rental. They can be contacted by email: SBHHouse@live.com and telephone: 284 346 7682.

TRAVEL INSURANCE
We strongly advise that you purchase travel insurance in the event that you may need to cancel your trip.  Travel Insurance should cover all non-refundable prepaid travel expenses. 

CANCELLATION POLICY
On receipt of your deposit your reservation is confirmed.  If the reservation is cancelled not less than 45 days in advance of your arrival we will refund 80% of the total rental payment to you and Smiths Gore will retain the remaining 20%.  If you cancel less than 45 days prior to your arrival Smiths Gore will retain 100% of your total rental payment.  If the cancellation results in the property being rented to a third party for the same dates we will provide compensation of 80% of the total rent and Smiths Gore will retain 20% of the total rent.  If the number of people changes or there is a change in arrival or departure dates we are unable to guarantee any refund.  Again, any changes to the members of the group or arrival and departure dates must be submitted in writing to Smiths Gore.  On occasion Smiths Gore may be able to renegotiate terms with the landlord and reschedule your reservation to a later date with no penalty.

DAMAGE DEPOSIT
A damage deposit of $2000 is payable together with the final balance.  This sum will be refunded to you within 6 weeks of the date of your departure, providing the property is left in acceptable order and there are no outstanding amounts payable.  If there are outstanding items such as long distance telephone calls made during the duration of your stay or any other items, the amount will be deducted from the Damage Deposit and the remainder will be returned to you within 6 weeks of the date of your departure.